BlogCFC 5.9.1.001 Released

I'm going to be lazy and just paste in the release notes. I'm watching the trampoline event at the Olympics while I do this - and you know what? The trampoline is freaking cool. Anyway, here is the 001 release for 5.9.1:

/client/stats.cfm - Oracle fixes (thanks to Steven Tomcavage)
/client/index.cfm - Forgot to use #application.rooturl# in podcasting support - thanks to Marion Bass
/org/camden/blog/blog.cfc - Include author name in emails
/install/mysql.sql - Changed the text fields in entries (body, morebody) to longtext. It may be a good idea for you to manually update your table.
/xmlrpc/xmlrpc.cfm - when deleting, clear cache
/client/tags/textarea.cfm - make the custom tag correctly handle a closing tag
/client/admin/page.cfm - Use the textarea custom tag. For those who modded textarea to use an RTE, it adds RTE to the page editor.

Comments
Israel's Gravatar Thank for this excelent tool. There is a small misspelling in a field in the MSACESS file. In the tblBlogEntries, the field "durarion", should change to "duration".
# Posted By Israel | 8/18/08 12:24 PM
Robert Owen's Gravatar I just have to say, the new approve comment feature from the e-mail notification is AWESOME!!! Now, I can approve comments from my phone!! w00t!!
# Posted By Robert Owen | 8/19/08 12:19 PM
walt's Gravatar quick question:
Does blogCFC still rely on creating an instance of a java function? I'm on a cheap hosting plan, and the only object I'm able to create is an instance of a cfc.
(or if there's a workaround now, I'd be for that)
I really dug blogCFC, and would like to use it again.

Thanks
# Posted By walt | 8/21/08 9:36 AM
Raymond Camden's Gravatar Yep. For localization and captcha support. You can turn off captcha of course. Removing the localization support would be more difficult.
# Posted By Raymond Camden | 8/21/08 9:37 AM
walt's Gravatar in that case, it's probably time to reassess my plan and whatnot. The tags that got taken away in a shared environment are making it difficult to do other things, as well.
Thanks for the quick reply, Ray!
# Posted By walt | 8/21/08 9:39 AM
Robert A. Owen's Gravatar In the settings area of the site... what information is needed in the "Ping" section. I have two sites I ping upon update.. technorati and odiogo. I put their ping urls in the ping section but they never update with that.. What else should go in there?
# Posted By Robert A. Owen | 8/27/08 2:32 PM
Raymond Camden's Gravatar If you use the web based admin, its one URL per line.
If you edit the file manually, use commas.
# Posted By Raymond Camden | 8/27/08 2:33 PM
Robert A. Owen's Gravatar I use the web based admin for this and they are entered one line at a time... Let me look at the cfm file and see they are actually entered they way they should be.
# Posted By Robert A. Owen | 8/27/08 2:42 PM
Robert A. Owen's Gravatar they are correct in the cfm .. but it doesn't appear to work for me. beyond the url ex. : http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping
what other information is required?
# Posted By Robert A. Owen | 8/27/08 2:46 PM
Raymond Camden's Gravatar Nothing is required. BlogCFC will hit those guys via HTTP when you make a new blog post. Maybe they aren't working. ;)
# Posted By Raymond Camden | 8/27/08 2:47 PM
Kevin's Gravatar I want to allow my customers to create a blog on their own sites with a single install of BlogCFC. The preference is to give them "blog.theirdomain.com" as their blog. Can BlogCFC do this?
# Posted By Kevin | 9/12/08 8:16 AM
Raymond Camden's Gravatar Yes, but not w/o touching the code. What I did for this was to make it easier to do. Since every "Blogger.com-wannabe" is different, I just tried to make sure the code base _could_ support it.

The basic idea is to pass a struct of data, set at runtime, to the blog initializer, to set up blog metadata. This is talked about in the docs a bit. You can also download the code for RIAForge.org (from the faq) which shows how I do the blogs there.
# Posted By Raymond Camden | 9/12/08 9:06 AM
BlogCFC was created by Raymond Camden. This blog is running version 5.9.1. Contact Blog Owner